Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA Quartz worktops

Options
  • 10-03-2024 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi there, I have been looking at the ikea quartz worktops as the price is very competitive against alternatives.

I have read somewhere that it is re-branded Silestone but I was wondering if anyone knows which Silestone colours the ikea options correspond to? As it is not possible to view a full slab in Ikea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭frank730

When I got a quote from Ikea kitchen designer I was told they don't do quartz, that was Sept last year. Best to book a free session with a kitchen designer who would have knowledge of their products.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Snopake

Okay, things may have changed since then as they have quartz samples in store now. I’ll try to get a planning session with them but not sure if they will be upfront about the rebranded products

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They have discontinued the quartz in some markets due to public health concerns and an incoming ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Was that the silicosis ban that started in Australia for all "engineered stone"? Grim. It's amazing that we keep inventing new ways to self-harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yup, final details to be confirmed tomorrow. But any any engineered materials with a silica content will be restricted to wet cutting. Which is manageable itself, but industry is reacting my moving away from these materials entirely and less harmful alternatives

• Advertisement
Advertisement