Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed direct debits impact on mortgage approval

Options
  • 10-03-2024 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if 2 missed direct debit payments will affect my chances of getting Mortgage approval? Hoping to apply at the end of this month.

In the last 6 months I have (stupidly in hindsight) purposely missed paying my gym membership fees on 2 occasions by transferring my money into another account as I wasn't in the country for those 2 months. Once last Novemebr and then again in January. Aside from this I have never missed a loan repayment or done anything else i think might affect my credit rating and I have consistently saved and paid my rent and bills on time etc but i'm concerned the two 'drs' on my bank statements might be the thing that prevents me from getting approved?

Anyone with any info on this would be appreicated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Yes. They’ll look for about 6 months with no returned DD

• Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They definitely don't like it but you can still make it work. Are you going through a broker?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭JVince

Once you have a plausible reason and the payment was made when it was noticed, it shouldn't affect the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭GHendrix

I worked for a bank in the past. 2 wouldn’t be a huge deal if everything else is in order. Although they might ask for some details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Thanks all, not sure whether to go through a broker or just apply to the banks directly myself? Would one approach be more beneficial in getting things to go through despite the 2 missed DDs? really dont want to have to delay applying for longer if it can be avoided but I also dont want to shoot myself in the foot applying only for it to be refused.

What would be the implications if I did apply and got refused, would I simply have to wait an extra couple of months to reapply when i've 6 straigth months with no issues or would a refused application make things even worse?

• Advertisement
Advertisement