Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat Roof on House - could I use metal cladding?

Options
  • 10-03-2024 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a flat 45. sq meter flat felt roof on my house - I need to replace it. - I was going to use fiber glass - but wondering could I use metal cladding with 150mm insulation under the metal (then I think I have no roof issues for years..)

something like this ? And. where would I find a contractor to do it in Cork ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭monseiur

Corrugated metal cladding is not suitable for flat roofs - only suitable for roofs with at least 15 degree pitch. The most economical way to re-roof is with torch on felt similar to what you have, this would need to be painted with solar reflective aluminium paint to protect it from damaging sun rays.

If you plan to insulate roof (assuming existing roofs deck is in good condition) you could fix say 60mm roofing grade insulation board, Kingspan or similar, to flat roof and finish roof with a PVC membrane such as Trocal, Sarnafil etc. This membrane is mechanically fixed to existing roof and joints are heat welded.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

we got our flat roof garage and corner of the house structure re torched recently.

this is the stuff our roofer used - great roofer, knows his stuff.

it aint cheap per roll or light, 38 kgs a throw, but will last years, have a look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Thanks - it says here just 4 degrees fall or more needed.... https://oconnorroofing.ie/product/kingspan-40mm-insulated-panel-new/

Advertisement