Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social housing grant for council appartment

Options
  • 10-03-2024 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey everyone. I got the keys for a 1 bed council apartment in wexford on Tuesday. I moved in straight away as I had been I'm homeless shelter for almost two years. It's a new build so an empty shell. No floors, furniture, electrical appliances and I'm sleeping on the floor. The council ticked every box on the form for each item as not provided. I gave the form in on tuesday. Does anyone have any idea how long the grant will take to come through and even a rough guide as to how much I might get to furnish the place? I'm on disability allowance and that's my only income. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking at electrical things and furniture/flooring/blinds etc but it's difficult when I have no idea how much the grant might be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

I have no information on what you are asking but congratulations on getting housed, I know people who have been in shelters and they all seem glad to get out. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭headtheball14

Congratulations, you may be already sorted, you can get a lot of things on adverts done deal etc . This thread may help , it's bit old but says about 2 grand approx https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057767768/grant-for-council-house?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=housing+grant+cwo

Advertisement