Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receivership sale of Apartment

Options
  • 10-03-2024 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

If someone was bidding on an apartment that is a receivership sale, what questions would you need answered before putting in a bid?

There is no discount in the asking price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭JVince

Assuming you are able to view it, i'd check general condition, then also find out the name of the OMC and check the accounts and see if there many uncollected managements fees (there will always be some) and check the sinking fund balance. Accounts can be downloaded from CRO.

If you are planning to rent it, find out what the previous rent was. Chat to a couple of others living there and ask if there are any issues that cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

You need to check if there is any litigation pending in respect of it. You should also check if the property is mortgageable. Ask for the Special Conditions. Many solicitors weon't vertify title on a property purchase from a receiver. because of the special conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭EarWig

How would I check any litigation?

The EA wouldn't have the Special Conditions surely.

I don't need a mortgage.

I suppose my stance is not to bid because of the risks and the price is regular. Am I being too negative?

Advertisement