Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core Memories

Options
  • 09-03-2024 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

...Pauline Fowler walloping Arthur with the frying pan 😆😆😆

What are your core memories?

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I was just joking about that being a core memory.... clearly my core memories are not from a soap opera😆😆😆

But that might have been a bad joke cause I just now watched back a clip of that...and 😳 god help Arthur!!! He was being abused. Just goes to show how things have changed...for the better...I mean interpretation of what was actually happening...

We use to to always joke as kids about any overbearing woman that we knew and call her a Pauline Fowler...she was eh a bit of a karen 😆😆😆😆

Although maybe things haven't changed much for the better with me replying to my own posts 😆😆😆🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Core memory was also a type of magnetic memory used in early computers. The memory was made of toroidal cores that could be magnetised to store a binary '1' or '0'. I remember seeing arrays of core memory in computers in the early 80s (then obsolete DEC PDP mini-computers) and they were quite impressive and intuitive. Don't know if my memory of electronic core memories qualifies as a core memory though.

Yes they qualify baby 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't really have any core memories as I've never been to the centre of the Earth, I can imagine its interesting and hot down there in lava land in the earths core.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

I’ve peeled out the cores of apples to make apple pie, my memory is the result is delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭sameoldname

I've seen this whole "core memory" thing doing the rounds on TikTok and the like. I assume they got it from Pixar's Inside Out? If so, that's a pretty poor source to be getting your idea of how memory functions and its effect on peoples personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Getting carried into the emergency department by my father , then a ambulance ride to Dublin with sirens blaring . And being released from hospital to my mother and aunt which was my first time on a double decker bus. As it turned out I was grand .

And having great craic with the other patients

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Is was quite a cheesy movie and the science more than a bit sketchy.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I presume the OP will be sleeping off her hangover for a full week at least.

Post edited by Jequ0n on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

My favourite Core memory is Ben and Jerrys Karamel Sutra Core….havent seen it in sooo long….bring it back I say,was divine 😋

Advertisement