Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomo wrong number appearing after porting

Options
  • 09-03-2024 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I ported my number over to Gomo and now anytime I text someone the wrong number appears. The number I ported over doesn't appear, instead the Gomo number appears so nobody knows who I am when I text them. Did anyone else have that problem and if so how did you solve it? Gomo customer service seems to be dire so far. They recommended I download an update when I know my phone has already been updated. They said oh everything is fine on our end, must be your phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Using an iPhone by any chance and issue with iMessage ? Sounds like it’s the temp 085 number that’s currently displaying and likely just that you need to toggle iMessage off and back on to trigger it to re register on the iMessage service with the correct number?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jimjangles

Not an iPhone no, a Nokia 5 for now.I think I fixed it anyway.

In the Google messages app I turned off RCS chat, added my number and turned it back on.

I had to delete the cache and data from Google messages app before doing that because it would get stz verifying my number. Not 100 percent certain but texted one person and it appeared under my name so I believe that worked. Might help someone if the same thing happens to them. I found the solution on a sky forum.

Advertisement