Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording games advice

Options
  • 09-03-2024 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into recording my local club's Junior Football games for analysis/stats etc.

The club is flat broke so looking to do it myself to help out and on the cheap. Would a second hand GoPro do a job or would a phone with tripod work (could also check adverts for a digital camcorder)? I'd probably look towards uploading on YouTube unlisted.

Any experience, tips or advice would be appreciated, thanks 🙂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Get a digital camcorder and tripod. Don’t go using a phone/GoPro, as zooming would be useless.

Unlisted on YouTube is fine - it’s what everyone does if not using Hudl etc because it’s easily accessible. Obviously the only annoying thing when having unlisted videos is if people want to go back to watch one from months ago etc it can be hard to find - so maybe keep a log of links for whoever needs access.

Best advice is get any height as you can have. High up at the 45 is better than flat on ground at half way line.

What’ll you use to code etc? There’ll be a cost in that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

That all sounds like excellent advice. Reason I was thinking GoPro would be for other uses/sports as well as GAA but I'm guessing the lens isn't suited.

What would you use to code? I'm not looking to do any massive editing (ideally).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any teams I'm with we've used an external data provider for full analysis/post-match analysis (but that's Intercounty/Club/Intervarsity, so the expense is necessary).

I'd say for live, you should be looking at something like Performa Sports or NacSport. If you won't be doing 'live' analysis then do check out NacSport. I doubt for Junior Football ye will be wanting/needing anything too in depth so a basic pack would be fine probably.

If you want any advice on how best to produce data/display it to Management/Players just PM me. You may think your stuff is great for example, but if Management don't understand it and can't convey it to players properly, using context, there's no point.

Advertisement