Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance

Options
  • 08-03-2024 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello, I moved last month from Belfast to Dublin (3 weeks ago). I am in the process of register the car. I should obtain the PPS number next wednesday 13th March and the exemption letter to not pay the VRT within 2 weeks from the that day.

My car insurance experided this week. Is it possible to do a temporary car insurance for a foreign car (NI reg) in ireland (untill end of March)? I dont have anymore the address from Belfast, only the one from Dublin.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭User1998

Its possible for 30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jmiguel92

Thank you.

Even if the vehicle isnt yet not registered in Ireland? I expect the all process to be completed within 2-3 weeks.

Yes

Thanks a lot! One last question, can you please advise an insurance company that provides that kind of insurance ?

Looked online and couldnt find much information.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭HorseSea

To the best of my knowledge there are no insurers doing short term policies, unless something changed in the last few years, when I was in the insurance industry no one did it.

• Advertisement

Any insurance company will give you insurance on a UK registered car. You have to call them, online system usually doesn’t work.

They want to get insurance on a UK registered car, and after a few weeks they will update the policy with the new Irish registration. So its not really temporary insurance

Thank you, you call to some insurance companies to ask available options.

Advertisement