Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona airport to Cambrils resort

Options
  • 08-03-2024 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

We've booked Cambrils resort for July. We're flying into Barcelona airport. We'll be traveling with two small children.

What's the best way to get from Barcelona airport to the Cambrils resort?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

We got the train. Metro from El Prat to Santa then train from Sants to Cambrils. We bought our tickets at the train station, not all trains were bookable online, but they went regularly during the day.

One thing to note, for us anyway, the train didn't stop very long at Cambrils, so be ready to get off when it stops.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fernagx

Thanks for the reply

Do you think the train is fine with small kids?

And when you got to cambrils, was the resort much further?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

How small are the kids, but it should be fine. I found it an easy enough trip, but mine were 10 and 12 at the time.

It's like a 10 minute taxi to Cambrils from the Cambrils train station.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭OrlaFS2017

We’ve stayed in Sanguli (beside cambrils) a number of times. Always used “Kevin Cambrils Taxi” on Facebook. He’s a member of the Sanguli and cambrils Facebook groups and have always found him really really reliable. Provides car seats on request also

Thanks for the replies. Kids are 4 and 2. Booked in July. Train gets in around 10am. So hoping that means rush hour is finished. Might train it there and then taxi back as our flight back is at silly o clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hungry4k

We find the trains great with small kids. You can push the buggies on. We have used them loads of times with 3 kids under 5. The local trains are much easier S there is loads of space. They are also way cheaper and only a little slower

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Did you think about car hire? We went to sanguli 5 years ago and paid only 100 yoyos for a car from Barcelona for 10 days. 3 adults and 2 kids.

Thanks for the replies.

I did think about car hire. The car hire is reasonably priced on its own, but when you had two child seats it takes the price to 500+. I know I could bring my own child seats but 1) that's a lot of baggage with suitcases, buggy, kids etc. and 2) ours are really heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭OrlaFS2017

One thing to consider with young kids is getting from train station to resort also with luggage and probably buggies?

taxi will drop you straight to reception

Advertisement