Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder not providing something on the plans

Options
  • 07-03-2024 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,

We bought a new build two years ago. Like what usually happens, the builders became less responsive over time to things that they had yet to complete.

On our plans, there is a little row of hedging in between us and our neighbours. They have never put in this hedging and it is a bit annoying that neighbours use our driveway to walk up and down to their house when our cars aren't in the driveway.

The developers have stopped responding to my emails and requests about it. Last I heard was they did acknowledge that it was on the plans, but said they would need to think of an alternative solution as the hedges weren't possible due to space.

My question is, do we have any way of forcing them to acknowledge and complete this job considering they are on the plans and we bought the house based off of these plans?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Was it in the plans or illustrations?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stefagan117

@lawred2 It was in the illustrations. I will double check the plans.

This is the image

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Well you're not alone. This may help strengthen your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Honestly, you are wasting your time. I work in Construction at a higher up level and these things just get ignored.

You be better off getting 4/5 laurel plants 4ft high. about 30e a plant and stick them in yourself and be done with it. Put them a metre a part. In a year it will be a full hedge without gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭10-10-20

If cost is the issue you can get them for a tenner a plant for some laurels at 2ft, growth is 1ft p/y.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sadly I think the illustrations aren't worth shoite

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What does the contract show? Nothing else matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stefagan117

Thanks for all the comments. Can't put planting in myself because they said it isn't possible because of incline on driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Never heard that excuse before from a builder or developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Sounds like perfect drainage

• Advertisement
Advertisement