Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Fiction

Options
  • 07-03-2024 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭

loved it... this movie opened my eyes to so much.. thought provoking.. as it addresses social and personal matters..

8/10.. loved the directing too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

A great movie with great performances.

I knew the gist of the story and expected it to all be all about the fake identity and the book but with the same thought provoking stuff.

I kind of wish it had been but impossible not to love the film that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Really enjoyable film.

I liked hoe the comedy aspect was played, too. There was a good juxtaposition of some very serious topics with the occasional laugh-out-loud moment.

Great performance from Jeffrey Wright but Sterling K Brown steals every scene he's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oscar winner for adapted screenplay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I really enjoyed this too.

When I saw the seaside home it really hit me how films only really depict one segment of 'black' America, which of course was the point.

Advertisement