Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NDLS doesn't return my passport and no progress for my driving licence application

Options
  • 07-03-2024 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, I feel desperate and because of this I wanted to ask for any suggestion here.

29 Jan 2024: I applied online for my driving licence by uploading my IRP card.

06 Feb 2024: NDLS emailed me because my full name wasn't matching with my IRP card so they requested to support it with an original passport.

09 Feb 2024: NDLS received my passport. I posted it registered and I have a tracking number. They confirmed they received it.

16 Feb-06 March 2024: I rang them million times, I emailed them several times asking about my application status and my passport, every time a different person speaks with me and I get conflicting answers such as your application is fine but it is in the backlog, the other day they say it is still under review. According to the latest information I received during a recent call on March 6, 2024, the NDLS representative indicated that my passport was sent out on February 22, 2024. But he said he can't find the tracking number.

It is almost one calendar month and they didn't return my passport. I have an upcoming appointment in immigration office and I am pretty sure immigration office doesn't renew my residency permit without a passport. So I am worried it's been lost by NDLS but they don't give an official reply to my emails.

Advertisement