Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good Chromebook for around €350.

Options
  • 06-03-2024 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭

For a friend can anyone recommend a good chromebook for around €350.00. Apparently you can get a better spec than an ordinary laptop.

I know nothing about chromebooks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭gossamerfabric

look in classifieds for people who bought a chromebook and won't change their mindset from the Microsoft/Apple way of doing things. you will find bargains on nearly new chromebooks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 boarjosh

@swoofer I have not used a Chromebook myself, but I went with a Chromebox, which is similar. My experience confirms that you can get models having specifications better than regular laptops, particularly when we think about the cost aspect. For example, my Chromebox came along with ChromeOS, but I changed to Linux, and it works perfectly for my job requirements.

Deciding on a Chromebook or Chromebox is mainly about personal needs and likes. They can be thought of as a substitute for regular laptops, but I would recommend your friend to examine the details more deeply to check if it suits what he/she wants. For me, it has been very suitable, but it’s not a one-size-fits-all solution.

Advertisement