Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is sky multiroom from virgin media

Options
  • 06-03-2024 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi there I'm thinking of getting virgin media TV is 3 extra bedrooms,can someone please tell me what it would cost?thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭lauraww

Sorry I meant IN 3 different bedrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭lauraww

Sorry virgin multi room not sky multiroom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Extra Streaming TV Boxes

Enjoy all the benefits of Virgin TV wherever you are in the house.

Add up to 5 Streaming TV boxes.

+ €15 a month per box

€15 X3 = €45 each per month on your bill

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭antfin

It's €15 per month per additional box. However, I believe the new streaming Tv allows you to move the box around much easier as it doesn't need the coax in plugged in so you might find that you don't need as many if you're happy to switch the box between rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Eir TV is a better option at €9.99pm for the basic TV subscription (add-on to Broadband bundle), which includes your first Apple TV 4K box, and Amazon Prime Video subscription. Eir don't advertise it, but you can do Multi-room without any additional monthly fee if you buy your own multi-room boxes, so you can have TV throughout your house for €9.99pm total. Eir sell refurbed TV boxes for €59.99 on their eir Store site - so you will get pay-back in 4 months vs each Virgin Media box if you buy these multi-room boxes outright. Eir also seem to be the only streaming service to offer unrestricted recording of UK channels, including BBC (proper recording - not just "catch-up" or playlists). Like the other streaming services, RTE do not seem to allow recording, but at least you have access to the RTE & VM players in Ireland on the Apple TV box, and some catch-up options also. Also, since the Apple TV box is non-proprietary to any of the TV service providers, you can still use the boxes afterwards if you buy them yourself, and later cancel your eir subscription. While I am not generally an Apple fan-boy, and I don't use any of their other hardware, in fairness the Apple streaming box seems to be the best of the pack offered by the Streaming providers. All the providers are going down the streaming route, so no point trying to hang onto the legacy hard-disk boxes, as you are going to be forced off them sooner or later. The streaming boxes allow much more focused delivery of advertising, so all the providers have a vested interest in getting users off the legacy boxes as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement