Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the iPhone 14 and 15 have a physical sim slot?

Options
  • 06-03-2024 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I'm due an upgrade and I was looking at the iPhone 14 or 15. From what I could glean online Apple removed the physical sim slot on models sold in the US but kept it elsewhere. The person I spoke to at Vodafone however told me the 14 and 15 don't have a physical sim slot.

I also have a PAYG Vodafone sim from the UK which I use in my current phone alongside my Irish contract sim. Vodafone don't support eSims on PAYG in the UK. I'd like to ideally be able to have both sims active in the phone.

Can anyone confirm whether the iPhone 14/15 sold by Vodafone in Ireland have a physical sim slot or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I’ve got a 15 Pro and it has a physical SIM slot and can accept E-SIMs.

I’d hazard a guess given the low worldwide coverage of e-SIM, all iPhones accept physical nano SIMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Sue de Nimes

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Sue de Nimes

They don't in the US any longer. The Apple website says they do for Ireland. I thought the Vodafone agent might just be wrong but I wanted to check to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Glaceon

That's right. The US version is eSIM only but the international version has both eSIM and a physical tray. I wanted to get a new iPhone in the US recently and picked up the 13 specifically for that reason.

• Advertisement

Jeez that’s good to know. Pity more Irish carriers don’t do eSIMs, it’s only Vodafone at the moment I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Vodafone and Lyca, but Lyca have been troublesome according to some threads on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I saw today that Revolut are starting e sims in Ireland and they already do it in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭3DataModem

In America, no sim slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

It’s data only though. And GoMo World seems to be better value especially for US allowances

Post edited by Zhane on

• Advertisement
Advertisement