Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MW3 multiplayer ping times in Ireland

Options
  • 06-03-2024 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi guys, have wired connection on ps5 in Clane in Ireland. About 900mb download speed. NAT type 2 with Virgin media. I upgraded from 500mb with Virgin to 1gb broadband recently. Used to get into multiplayer games with 20 to 30 ping. Now it's 60. My BB is much faster I've no idea why the ping has doubled. Much harder to get into games. Any suggestions what could be tweeked or wrong? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is it directly connected or via a homeplug system? I get <10ms if wired directly and around 20-30ms via homeplug on 1gb.

I always found CoD to be iffy though. Most games be grand but sometimes thrown into >100ms games. Same with Rocket League. Check the network settings in CoD to make sure you're connecting to EU and not US or elsewhere. I think global is the default. Maybe turn off cross play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Hi it's connected via ethernet to my vm broadband router. Ye im struggling to find out how to see what servers I am connecting to. Could you tell me how to do that please?

I'm not 100% on modern CoD as I stopped buying them after Cold War, and I may be mixing it up with Rocket League. Best Google is telling me is to log into your Activision account on the web and ensure the location is set correctly for your Acti account. Not something I've done either. Tried to do it on my one, but waiting on an email from Activision for a reset...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Great I'll give it a try. That's for your suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭eggy81

I get about 40ms pings on Vodafone gigabit wired to Xbox. Even though phone shows 11ms ping on Speedtest. Ping worse on fibre to house on Xbox than it was on old 60mb fibre connection.used to be around 20ms. Don’t notice it affecting too much in game though.

• Advertisement

I think the major difference between xDSL/FTTC and FTTP/H is the stability of the ping. But one should be getting low single digits, but CoD with its matchmaking is the issue. You'd have a savage ping on Irish servers if they existed.

Advertisement