Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW28 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 06-03-2024 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Moved on Alverez to Solanke and will likely take a -4 on Ake to Doughty or Neto to Tavernier

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Is it absolutely mental to be considering selling Haaland for Morris this week? 3 fixtures Vs 1 over the next 2 weeks. Also Haaland has on paper his toughest fixture of the season next.

Can use the cash to get Salah for Barkley in 30 and then wildcard to get Haaland back in 31.

I think the logic is sound it’s just the idea of selling Haaland for Carlton Morris I’m struggling with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

salah who may not start a game for 2 weeks or he will be selected for egypt tournament?

nailed on started out and injury risk/ trip to egypt in?

Well if it gets to 30 and Salah is a doubt I could just buy Haaland back.

I think realistically I’m making the transfer but will wait until after European games tonight and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

my point is haaland is a nailed on starter. Why would you bench that for someone who hasnt been training and is carry an injury. see if salah makes the bench for sparta prague match.

Once salah is fit - its a differential. Before salah is fit its a waste of a transfer. But you can hold off till the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm on a similar strategy, WC 30 or 31, planning on

Haaland + Richi + Akanji -> Morris + Son + Doughty

Unless I get some positive news on Richi.

Thinking Haaland has the toughest game of the season followed by a blank and the arsenal at home. Morris starts a goal ahead of Haaland over 28 & 29

• Advertisement

I would never dream of benching haaland. I’m going to sell him for Morris this week, that will leave me 8 in the bank which will allow me sell Barkley for Salah in game week 30 when Salah has Brighton and Haaland has Arsenal. Then in 31 I’ll get Haaland back on wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,163 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is there any time-frame on Nick Pope's injury? I'm probably gonna sell Raya, if Dubvranka still retains his starting position for another while. This gives me a good starting GK rotation for the next couple months possibly won't need to touch it on WC. Raya is suspended this GW so it's an easy move to bring in a DGW GK.

But it will also allow me to bring in another Arsenal attacker for a -4. I don't think many people will be bringing in an Arsenal attacker this GW, let alone touching Havertz. Possibly Rice for a 1/2 week punt. Arsenal's attack is on fire lately and while double defence was nice, there is a higher ceiling with double attack these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

End of March or early April has been mentioned for Pope to return.

From what I’ve read it looks more likely to be early April.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ake+Foden to Doughty+Bowen for a -4. I'm tempted by a -8 with Haaland>Morris, as I could end up doing that next week anyway. But I'd have awful Haaland FOMO! Think I'll just do -4 this gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Dubravka to Neto, happy with the rest of the team. FH 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Haaland & Maguire to Solanke & Doughty for a -4. Not ideal but Solanke is nearly essential this week.

Currently have De Bruyne on bench ahead of Watkins, Foden is playing, this feels wrong too but I can't see who else to bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mobydopy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah, looks like he trained yesterday as well so I kept the faith with him.

Advertisement