Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting something to partially tiled wall

Options
  • 06-03-2024 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I need to mount something to a wall that is partially tiled, so basically the lower part of the wall is tiled and the upper part is not. The item I'm mounting needs to be straight and will span across both the tiled and non tiled part.

I'm thinking I need some kind of spacer of about 10mm or so (I'll measure the tile width more precisely), so basically drill the wall and fit whatever fixings I'm going to use, then a washer, then some kind of spacer to bring it out in line with the lower tiled part of the wall, then mount the item so it will sit flush on the wall (well it'll protrude out a bit on the part of the wall above the tiles).

Am I missing something or some other approach? Googling a bit and checking Screwfix but not finding any very obvious spacer items

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement