Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodturning Lathes - Jet Vs Record Power

Options
  • 05-03-2024 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations between 2 lathes for starting woodturning. An instructor on a course I did recommended a Jet1221 before.

But I have an option to buy a Record Power Coronet Herald and was wondering if anyone had experience between these two lathes and could recommend either?

A newbie to woodturning so any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i have a 1221VS (well, i just upgraded from it) and it's a great lathe. stupid money now though, new. one comment i would make comparing the two is that the coronet seems to have much greater capacity over the bed - a claimed 21" capacity vs the 12" of the jet. one of the reasons i've upgraded from the jet is i want to turn bigger bowls.

i would be cagey about turning a 21" bowl with a 750W motor, that could be a very hefty bowl, and the lathe is about the same weight.

Advertisement