Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy a good Battenberg cake these days?

Options
  • 05-03-2024 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Does anyone know a bakery on the Northside of Dublin that sells good Battenberg cakes? My dad is a connoisseur of them but they have been difficult to get lately. Mr Kipling slices just aren’t cutting it anymore. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Im fairly sure i saw them in thunders bakery in phibsboro. They've a couple of branches on the northside too so maybe give them a ring (in case i just imagined them in a cake fuelled dream)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Can't help with supply but, interestingly, battenbergs are Toblerone shaped in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

cant buy these anywhere now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 G-monee

My dad sniffed one out in Clarks in Cabra so all is good again!
    Thanks a lot!

(A triangle shaped Battenberg?!! I’ll get him on the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yes, in Cork, a chocolate covered triangular cake was always called a battenburg. It was only in recent years I realised to the rest of the world a battenburg was a totally different thing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement