Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrofit and rennovation orgranise it by yourself

Options
  • 05-03-2024 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone was on a similar path. Any suggestions and advice are welcome.

We bought a four-detached house built in the 80s about 150m2, got quotes from a few builders, and suggested around 200k or more for retrofit and renovation.

I plan to get the BER rating from E to B3 and 3 bathroom upgrades.

If organize everything myself, rather than get a builder to do the project, will it save the cost? And everything can be under my control?

I'll try to find the expert in each area and carry out each task below and do it one by one. I certainly understand that I am not acknowledged as the builder.

Can I do it under or around 100k? Is it realistic? What type of challenges should I prepare for? Should I do it in this order? Replace the window first before insulation.

Windows and doors:

I can call the windows and doors replacement companies to get the best quote and read their review.

• 10 windows and front and back doors about 15k.

Boiler upgrade:

Upgrade from oil to electric or gas, I budget it around 8k

External insulation: 20k

• Not sure if I should do underfloor insulation, as the surveyor told us it concrete floor on the ground level.

Full house rewiring

Bathroom upgrade

• Budget 5k per bathroom

Kitchen upgrade

• Budget 20k

Comments

Advertisement