Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roofing treatment for moss?

Options
  • 05-03-2024 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi,

couple lads called to door offering to clear gutters. No problems, good job, it was long overdue and they had long enough ladder.

Then there was then some sorrowful sucking of teeth and they wanted to sell me a roof treatment to get rid of moss (e200 for mid terrace house). Claiming the moss could eventually damage the tiles.

I'd never heard of this threat before, is it credible? Is it worth doing? I could probably sweep most of the moss away with a long enough brush.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭POBox19

I wouldn't let anyone near my roof that just cold called to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,714 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have a long established carpet of green on parts of my roof, and whenever I remove any, I see no signs of damage. If there were a roof treatment that worked, It would likely be so incredibly toxic to life I wouldn't want it within 200m of my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭souter

Kind of my thinking - they were also saying it was a single lifetime treatment - must be herbicidal novichok! I think I will pass on the offer.

Advertisement