Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Doctor's Cert

Options
  • 05-03-2024 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone have experience of employees using an online service to get a sick cert? I'll happily share the site via PM...

I emply 9 people and the newest memeber of staff requested holidays this week, they had not accurred enough annual leave and rang in sick for 3 days. I requested a doctors cert which was provided by a GP based in Cork while my employee lives and works in Dublin. A quick Google search and I found the site where with some pretty basic symptoms I could get a sick note for as little as €20!

I know the employee is pulling a fast one but it appears there's little I can do as the cert is signed by a registered doctor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

and now you have to pay for the pleasure of getting conned by an employee, not sure what can you do if it's a real doctor and telemedicine is a thing. They're a newish member of staff? I know what i'd be doing with them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

A Doctor has certified them so there isnt really much you can do unless you have a company doctor that you could send them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Gmaximum

Thanks guys,

Guess I ended up here to have a rant, another cost for an SME to endure. Just to be clear, there's no consulation you enter symptoms on a webform with the number of days requested to be certifeid. It's reviewed by a doctor and signed by them. You can even pay extra to expidite the cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,678 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Hopefully they are still on probation.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Madd002

It's no different than them going to their own gp surgery. If they have a cold and 4 days later they pop into surgery to tell the receptionist they need a sick cert for work it's the receptionist who process the cert & signs it with a squiggle not the Doctor and they charge €20/25.

Usually the certs I receive it says for their reason (Medical Illness) now with 5 days for each employee this year I've a steady stream coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya thread carefully with stuff like that. In the end-of-the-day you can never be certain that they weren't actually sick. Like another poster mentioned, if on probation, just let go. If they've been working with you for less than a year, just let go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Is Dee Forbes a customer?

Advertisement