Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shockingly Bad Upload Speed on Pure Telecom FTTH (Open eir)

Options
  • 04-03-2024 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

Since either Friday or Saturday the upload speed on my Pure Telecom FTTH (Open eir) connection has been shockingly bad.

I'm on the 500Mb/50Mb package and the upload speed has been 2Mb or lower all weekend. I was away for the weekend and wasn't able to stream anything from my Plex server.

I've remote access to my home network and speed tests reported normal download speeds but the upload speed never seemed to go higher than 2Mb.

Today when I got back I've tried reverting back to the Pure router (normal setup is Unifi USG which was solid for a year on Sky and had been for the past 6 weeks on Pure), restarting the ONT, changing around Ethernet cables and none of these made any difference.

Anyone else have the same issue? Guess I'll be on to Tech Support tomorrow and not looking forward to it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

So, just to close this out, a week after lodging a formal complaint with Pure Telecom on this (I had originally phoned tech support who did the usual resetting router and then then promising to log a case for the networks team to investigate which I heard nothing back from), open eir came out and tested the signal at the termination point in my house and it turned out that it was the connection in the manhole on the footpath. Seems that maybe another installer did something while installing for another neighbour.

Advertisement