Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top up with Revolut and send back to credit card

Options
  • 04-03-2024 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Just wondering is there any problem with what im doing. Basically if I owe 500eur on my aib credit card due at end of month, I topup my Revolut with 500eur around 25th of the month and send it back to my personal account, then transfer to my credit card, still outstanding 500eur but I dont pay any interest on the credit due.

Is this essentially an interest free loan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Am I the only one confused here?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭user060916

As long as you don't do it long term/every month I can't see anything wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Is this not the equivalent of a cash withdrawal and interest is charged from the day of withdrawal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Don't revolut charge for credit card top ups. And your credit card see it as a cash withdrawal. And a lot of credit cards pay off cash advances first so you'd also still be charged interest on the initial 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have an AIB credit card and have a direct debit set up to pay bills right on time. AIB credit card to Revolut is free and I haven't paid fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

It's the old "run the gas off the electricity and the electricity off the gas" trick.

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement