Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old sauer 202 bolt

Options
  • 04-03-2024 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

The bolt on my old sauer 202 rifle gave up and it cost an arm and a leg to get a new one from Sauer.

So maybe somebody has one lying around that is not used? You never know !

Is it just possible to swap them between rifles or are they specific to each rifle? Asking because would require the rifles to be sent to Germany.

Many thanks

Post edited by otmmyboy2 on

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Mod note- moved to the main shooting forum as not hunting related

As far as bolt interchangability so long as you get the same caliber bolt(and size, there are 3 depending on the caliber used) there should not be any issue, but it would be a good plan to have the headspace checked before firing it with the new bolt.

I'm presuming there is chance of no salvaging the bolt at all?

I would also post a wanted advert for the bolt in the for sale forum since that gets a lot of traffic daily.

EDIT - after a cursory look a new from factory bolt does look to be purchasable but they are 800+ new, which is a heck of a price. This is the crowd who had them if you wanted to go that route: https://www.cema-waffen.de/

But your rifle should still be headspaced after installing the new bolt, just for safety reasons.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭stef22

thanks otmmyboy

no the bolt is worn out, fixed it a couple of times but it doesn't hold so no chance of keeping it

Yes 800 is a lot just for a bolt , he rifle is old so...

Advertisement