Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control Room Operatives An Garda Siochana 2024

Options
  • 04-03-2024 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24
    af2000

Results for those who applied for Control Room Operatives roles within An Garda Siochana came out last week.

Where do people stand on the OOM for Dublin, Cork, Galway and Waterford?

Also curious as to how many applied/how many are they looking at recruiting? Anyone got any info on numbers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 deisecailin

I applied November 2022 and going through vetting/clearance at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beccaaw_x

Any interview tips?? I’m bricking it

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

I applied for the Waterford on and my oom was in the 50's, so I don't think I'll be hearing anything anytime soon if ever.

I would love to know how many they are taking on. Also how long do they keep you on file before they start recruiting again.

If you get any answers I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

Where did you apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 andreafarrelly00
    af2000

Damn, that's a long time for vetting, but I guess that's not surprising, any idea the timeline of things/when you think you might get offered the job or begin training?

af2000

I applied for Dublin and my OOM after the interview was 7, but they emailed me today saying vetting can take up to 16 weeks, so I guess I can't expect to start a job anytime soon. I'd also love to know how many they're hiring, and for when! Well, I hope you get placed at Waterford sooner rather than later!

• Advertisement
    af2000

Did you have your interview? How did you get on? Yeah they're fairly intimidating but once you understand the structure, and have an example for each of the key competencies they ask you about, you're sorted. Did you apply for the Dublin-based role?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cryn12

Anyone get any updates in Cork?

I think the email said that clearance could take up to 12 weeks so I was thinking I might hear from them in May

Anyone in Cork called for interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rednose

That’s not time taken for vetting. Depending on your OOM, or other circumstances, you might not get called at the time of the competition. But when the competition opens up the next time, they go back to the previous competition to hire some from that panel. Some in the job, like myself, the whole process was 7 months, others was over 2 years. Best of luck, it’ll be worth the wait.

• Advertisement

Good to hear it’s worth the wait! You are obviously enjoying it so how are you finding the shift work?

Its fine. Wasn’t something I was used to, but all good. What I’ll never get used of, is the amount of time off in this job. Never had so much time off.

That’s great enjoy the time off you deserve it!

Is there a possibility please to swap shifts if for example you had something on or were going away?

you can do shift swaps with people on other units, but you get 22 days holidays plus 8 more days to cover bank holidays. That’s over 8 weeks a year so loads of opportunities to use annual leave days. Never been an issue.

Anyone in Cork hear anything about getting called for interview?

Do you get notification if not successfull?

Advertisement