Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Homes in Hollystown or Balbriggan?

Options
  • 04-03-2024 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

Me and my partner are looking to buy new homes in Dublin. We are now narrowing down to the new development in Kilmartin Grove, Hollystown (expect to complete in Q3). But we see there'll be another new development in Balbriggan in coming months (could be next year?). They are from the same developer Glenveagh.

We are not sure to go with Hollystown or wait for Balbriggan. Neither of the two locations have we lived in before. From what we can gather, commuter time for both locations are similar but in Balbriggan the price would be much cheaper.

I'd like to hear your opinions, especially from people who live in the neighbourhood. Hollystown or Balbriggan? And why?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Balbriggan has more services, is more mature, and you have the option of using the train. Eventually DART+ will come that will extend electrification and capacity to Drogheda, so you will have better options. If you have children you have the benefit of some very good schools in Balbriggan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

I would take Balbriggan over Hollystown. House prices in Balbriggan are undervalued imo. Balbriggan is really well connected with a decent train service, Bus Eireann and Dublin Bus but also it's proximity to the M1. It's a 20 minute drive to Dublin airport, around 30 minutes to the City Centre off-peak. You're literally minutes from the coast with some lovely scenery and walks. It has some great schools and sports clubs and a great sense of community once you settle in.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭well24

Balbriggan,

Carolan coaches (191) and 101x are great express bus to city. Take on average 40mins, you also have trains

Amenities in the briggan are decent, and as you say hse prices will be alot cheaper...

Advertisement