Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External leak letting rain in around front bay windows of apartment

Options
  • 04-03-2024 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm wondering if anyone has experience of dealing with getting repairs done due to water damage from an external leak in an apartment. There are cracks in the wall where it meets the window and a balcony over the window where water may be collecting. The water damage is all along the seal of the window and ceiling coming away from it.

Is this something the block insurance would cover? Can I arrange it myself and then claim it back or does it need to be done by the management company.

My management company is being very difficult to contact.

If I do sort it myself, who would I contact to repair the external and internal damage? Even to just get an idea of cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Leaks in the facade and repairs to the facade are the remit of the owner’s management company. They’ll will need to arrange, you can’t just have work carried out and claim it back.

You need to contact whoever administers the account for the OMC. Reminder, they are not the OMC, the owners are. The admin company is just the admin.

Advertisement