Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP V's Rent A Room Income

Options
  • 04-03-2024 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I rent out a room in my house on the rent a room scheme to help out with bills ect. My rent charged is well under what the room is worth but the tennant is a model tennant so i am very happy with what the tennant pays. I am earning well below the cut of scheme and have not adjusted the rent in the 2 years the tennat has been there. The tennant was recently made unemplyed and applied for HAP. I agreed as i would like to help out as best i can. As the rent a room scheme is tax free up to 14K my question is, if i change over to HAP is the amount completely tax free? otherwise its simply not worth it. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Same threshold as rent-a-room, up to €14k/year

plus

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheRebelBull

Thank you :) All infor has been supplied and i have been approved for HAP.

Advertisement