Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Air Rifle - too much choice!!

Options
  • 04-03-2024 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Hi all - i've posted here already about getting my first air rifle. Initially considered a HW97 but then moved to a Pro Sport, which I can get for a good deal (8 year old .177). However I went shooting at the weekend with a break barrel and really enjoyed it - particularly the cocking effort etc.

So I'm back to being torn again. I still like the idea of a HW97 or TX200; the deal on the pro sport might be too good to refuse - or should I go with a break barrel like the HW95.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭bemak

i appreciate there is no right answer here and they are all great rifles - just curious what people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

The fixed barrel of an under lever was always regarded as the way to go to maximise accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Bushwack

Hw 95 could be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭bemak

agreed to buy the PS last night - I don't think I'll lose on it, even if I was to change it for a 95 or 97

Advertisement