Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to wear with a large stomach?

Options
  • 04-03-2024 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

*Please direct me to a relevant thread if it exists*

Girls/Ladies, I’m overweight (obese) and specifically carry my weight on my stomach (and bum so quite wide in the middle) more so than most. I’m 30 and I’ve no idea what to wear on a night out for drinks or a nice meal!! I can find everyday clothes or formal/wedding guest outfits ok but struggle with the slightly dressy vibe! I’m a size 20 and a since I’ve gained weight I feel so unfashionable! Any help?! What do you wear? Where do you buy it?

And before anyone says it I am losing weight but I need outfits for upcoming plans in the meantime!

Much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭LilacNails

If ur on Instagram, try look up fashion hacks and influencers, bigger size, who focus on styles for people like urself (and me)

Maybe try some layering, with same color, but different shades. I always recommend opting for navy instead of black.

Light long scarves can be very handy and really make an outfit more stylish.

The main thing, most important....is you are comfortable, and u wear the correct size. U could wesr the prettiest top and beautiful skirt ever made but if the size is wrong and the person wearing it is uncomfortable = outit ruined and person feels like shite.

I'm not an expert there just tips I've seen.

Advertisement