Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice: Should I get a bridge or leave a gap

Options
  • 04-03-2024 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi all

I don't have much experience with dental issues, I got some orthodontic work when I was a teenager and then bar the odd small filling or a checkup I've had no issues.

In November I had an old metal filling from when I was a kid that started to get sore. The Dentist went at it and found a crack below the filling, so long story short I had to get one of my top back teeth removed just at Christmas time.

I went for a scan to see if I could get an implant and found that I don't have enough bone for it to take so my main option is a bridge or to leave it?

The Dentist I go to was taken over about 2 years ago so I don't really know the receptionist or dentists there anymore so I'm not sure what happens next / who to talk to for advice.

I have been quoted for 3 crowns, I presume one on the teeth either side and one to fill the gap. Just reading online it seems that you might get 10 years out of a crown all going well.

I know its how long is a piece of string but are you then likely to have to replace all 3 crowns again? I'm just trying to figure out the likely ongoing costs associated with having these crowns.

Thanks

Advertisement