Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badly installed carpet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Yes that is badly done in all photos, will not improve in time either, will only get worse.

dunno if the fitter was included or separate but definitely say it to the shop so they can stop recommending that fitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jesse James moloney

It's driving me nuts to be honest. The fitter was separate but recommended by the guy I bought the carpet off, he gave me his number and even rang him ahead of time to tell him about the job. I don't even want that fitter coming back to try and fix it because I feel like he'll only do more damage. I paid 240 for the carpet stairs and landing and another 100 to have it fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭XsApollo

240 for the carpet? Was the shop on wheels by any chance?

100 euro to fit seems very cheap to me?

be thankful that’s all you paid, I presume the shop can just fob you off since they didn’t supply the fitting, and I’m presuming the fitter was doing it DIY style so no receipt or anything?

dont know how the edge can be fixed if they are too short and the the other bits that are a mess also.

im not an expert but I wouldn’t be happy either and I’d definitely be in to them both,

240 for the carpet , the adhesive and the grippers. You think that's expensive? It's a thick pile carpet.

Yea 100 for the fitting stairs and landing. I went back into the shop this morning and he phoned the fitter in front of me. The fitter is on his way over to the house now shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It's very cheap for a carpet.

The fitting is shocking.

Around the base of the architrave he just sliced it straight along and left the gaps.

At the nap locks, he will be able to tidy it up alot.

I fit the odd bit myself and all I can say about that is that if he was an experienced fitter, he must have absolutely flew around it. Very very careless work.

• Advertisement

He definitely rushed it Mick. Your man I bought the carpet off is very reasonable and it seems like decent quality carpet too so I'm glad to hear it's a good price , its the first time I've ever bought carpet so know nothing about it.

The fitter came back this evening and was sound about things too. He ended up paying for another bit of carpet himself and redoing the bottom step with it. I had another piece left over myself and he used that to redo the top of the stairs. As you said he was able to tidy up around the nap locks too. Carpet looks way better now so alls will that ends well. Thanks for your comments lads

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I always thought carpet should be fitted in one piece for a hall stairs and landing rather than joinings.

did you paint the walls yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Depending on layout, using one piece of carpet without a break could cost an absolute fortune versus a sensible joint located where it won't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There’s more than one join in this job

Advertisement