Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim on policy but only for reference ??

Options
  • 03-03-2024 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi ,

I had my car parked on the street and I was gone off for the day. I got a phone call from the guards informing me that someone had crashed into my car and also another parked car.

I informed my insurance company what had happened by phone. They asked did I want to claim on my own policy which I said no and proceeded to deal with the insurance company details of the person who crashed into my car. The guards gave me her details. I spent weeks dealing with her insurance company trying to get the correct amount for my car which I eventually did after weeks of emails and phone calls. Now the issue I have is that on my NCD details it says accident occured on the date with 0 value. But when I go to get new insurance off a new company they say that this is an accident I need to have on my history is this correct ?? I am being charged an extra 50 euro as I didn't disclose this an an accident as I didn't believe it was

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭on_the_roots

Usually you are asked "have you been involved in an accident in the past X years regardless the blame?", so this is clear that you have to disclose it.

However I'm not sure what would be the cost implication for you in your case, where you didn't cause anything.

Advertisement