Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum Machine Crashing: Need Correct Power Pack? Or general power pack OK?

Options
  • 03-03-2024 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

My Boss DR670 drum maching took a bad knock. The power pack took a knock also and is not working. Beyond repair.

I use a general power pack now, using correct voltage. But the drum machine freezes after an hour or so using it. So I have to power it off and re-boot.

Is is possible that its the general power pack thats causing the problem (as the power pack said "Only use Roland DR670 Power Pack") or is it more likely damage has been done to internal workings?

Roland Web site advises: Caution: The use of any other power supply could result in malfunction and/or permanent damage to the product.

Thanks

Edit: I'm thinking it might be an internal battery that needs replacing. (But it never shows a "Low Battery Warning Message).

But I'd appreciate opinions on wether the generic power pack should be OK.

Advertisement