Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Towed and Impounded

Options
  • 03-03-2024 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Good evening, please may you advise regarding the following?

Yesterday, my brother returned from holiday to collect his vehicle from a temporary yard in Galway. The yard he parked at was due to the yard at his place of employment getting a makeover (resurfaced). While on holiday, work at the employer's yard finished up and all employee vehicles were moved back, except that of my brother's, who was away and unaware of proceedings. Someone, we don't know who, moved his car and left it in front of a business, where if course it was towed and is now impounded by Galway Towing Services. What will storage fees amount to and what procedure can he follow to release the vehicle, please? Is it not the person who moved his car, without his authorisation, who must pay these fees? And why was he not contacted by the temporary yard prior to moving his car? Thank you very much. Kind regards.

Post edited by Gremlinertia on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Anneleen

Apologies, it is City Recovery Services, Galway who has his vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,180 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you know if it was towed because of non display of valid tax and/or insurance?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

First step is for him to get in contact with employer, not enough information for us or them to proceed without that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I will now be closing this thread as any further addition is likely to be identifying or legal which is not allowed here

Any questions by PM please

Grem

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement