Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Well Pumps

Options
  • 03-03-2024 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to get an old well here up and running. It's has a 6" bore and about 50 feet deep. I measuring it by letting a dead weight down the bore with a fishing line.

It hasn't been used in about 20 years and from what I remember, there was an above ground pump with galvanised pressure tank. Still have the tank. There is an electric cable still running to it and the water pipes for the farm run by it. It won't be for domestic use.

What I'm wondering is, has the technology now changed to submersible pumps? If so do I still need some buffer pressure tank?

What are good brands?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭cjpm

Submersibles are the only job. Far more energy efficient.

You can pair it with a large pressure vessel with a pressure switch.

Or alternatively nowadays you can also go with a variable speed pump drive, only requires a very small pressure vessel.

Advertisement