Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 5G Broadband ZTE MC801A Drops to slow speeds

Options
  • 02-03-2024 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I recently got the Three 5G Broadband which had a 6 months free offer. It was fine the first few days. Until I noticed it was slow so I did a speed test and got 15MB speed!. I restarted router and was back again to 400+MB . After few hours it dropped back again to 10+MB . Restart and back to 400+MB again for at least 8 hours. The router is ZTE MC801A. Even peak hours at night it can run at 400+MB once restarted.. Just seems to loose its speed every few hours..Anyone have the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Raise official support case to be on save side, record case number/names etc, especially if within 14d cooling term

Observe band/cell ID you are connected during "good" speed vs "bad". Perhaps your router switching between few cells , might need relocate

Advertisement