Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plump Pillow recommendations.

Options
  • 02-03-2024 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to buy plump pillows that won't go flat after a short time?

I seem to be replacing pillows evey few months but I'm sure pillows from decades ago would last years.

Post edited by Redneck Avenger on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Down is your friend. I get mine from the Silver Hill duck farm shop in Monaghan, but any goose or duck down one is well worth the money.

IKEA feather and down pillows are a good cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,694 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Down,feather pillow. I have a trigger happy imune system, so this is likely a non issue for most; As well as pollen, I seem triggered by dust mites from my down pillow, so every couple of weeks I put it in the drier for 20 min on high and that either nukes the sods or at the least gets them out of it, either way, it fixes the issue. Also plumps up the pillow to as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Got two nice firm ones in the bed linen shop in Kildare village. Think Bedeck is the name.

Agree that they just don't last like before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Shave the dog and use that as stuffing. When it starts to go flat you just need take a few more lumps off the dog and it will plump right up again.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

+1 for the dryer. I'd always add a couple of cheap tennis balls and they come out like new, works for normal fill pillows too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Hate pillows that are too soft and plump.

I still think about a pillow I had when I was around 10. It was flat and soft and don't know how else to describe it. It was perfect, just right.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Dunnes do very good support pillows that are fluffy.

I am 110KG so if they stay for my big ol head !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Harvey Norman is great for pillows.

They even have a yoke on the wall to measure your head / neck so you get the right thickness pillow.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement