Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new Freesat Recordable 4K TV box only records one channel.

Options
  • 01-03-2024 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I replaced an old Humax box today, it was working perfectly (recorded 2 channels) but there was no longer enough recording storage now that most popular channels are in HD.

I swapped over to the new 4K box this afternoon. The box allows you record 4 channels at one time if you have a wide band LNB satellite dish. However, if you have an older dish you are still supposed to be able to record 2 channels.

I can only record one channel on the new 4K box. I checked the cables and everything was secure but I still couldn't record 2 channels. When I hooked up the old box, I had no difficulty recording 2 channels.

The 4K box is useless unless I can record more than 1 channel. I would be very grateful for any suggestions or possible solutions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

Can you say model no and did you swop cables and check for signal on both inputs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pretty Honest

Arris Freesat Recordable 4K TV Box 2T UHD-4X-2000

Swapped cables around but it didn't make a difference - as I say when I hooked up the old box there were no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Have you checked the settings to ensure the box knows you have 2 cables connected

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

That box can be tricky and I dont know if its brand new or secondhand but check the lnb setup by doing this

You can check what LNB you have by looking in the System Information menu in Settings. Go to the Signal Strength menu and next to Type you will see what LNB you have: 

• Wideband LNB 

• Standard LNB (1 cable) 

• Standard LNB (2 cables) 

make sure its shows lnb 2 cables.

Thanks for the info, Swoofer.

The box is brand new, I only unpacked it this afternoon.

I have checked the system information as you recommended - only 1 cable is showing up on the new box but both cables show up when connected to the old box. I have swapped the cables around and made sure they were secure but still no joy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,180 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can you do a factory reset with the cables connected, I know the old Foxsat box needed a reset when you connected the 2nd cable if you initially set it up with 1 cable.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I have that box and when I first connected it I got no channels. (I have a wideband LNB, so in a bit of a different boat). You might need to give it some perseverance and yes a reset may help.

And yes, you shouldn’t need to, and that is a black mark against the manufacturers. They are still the only ones who’ve managed to make a free to air box that works with a wideband LNB, which is the only reason I bought it.

I got sorted, I have managed to record four different channels at once, so I'm delighted. The 4K box definitely isn't as user friendly as my old Humax 1100S but it has loads more storage.

Thanks very much for all the advice - ye are a sound brunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭waywill1966

So what resolved it in the end?

Advertisement