Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Visa Click - Card issues...

Options
  • 01-03-2024 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Don't know if anyone can shed any light on this, but I have been using my Visa click from AIB regularly, and regularly paying it off. It's currently +200 in balance.

I have tried to use it, say around 10 times this past week. 8 out of those 10 transactions have been declined by the bank. I have to call the number on the back of the card, they tell me there is no issue with the card, but that Visa have flagged the transaction. I answer all the questions, and they "unlock" the transaction and I can put it through.

This has happened me a few times out of hours (after 6PM) so I have no choice but to use my debit card, which is a Visa debit card. That goes through with absolutely no issue, so if it was Visa flagging the transaction, why do they not flag it on my Visa Debit.... ?

AIB insist there is no issue with the credit card, but it's unusable after 6PM currently. Thinking of just cancelling this click credit card and moving to a different company, but would love to know if anyone has experienced similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Using it online or in a terminal? Every so often I have to use my cards in a terminal with chip/pin - it seems to validate the card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well if it is VISA that are flagging the transactions, then switching to a different issuer may make no difference...

What do the transactions have in common?

Advertisement