Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement tax disc

Options
  • 01-03-2024 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭

I bought a car privately yesterday and owner said he couldn't find the tax disc and get a replacement. Just checking if I can get a replacement even though the change of ownership request hasn't been processed yet? Will the tax office issue the disc on the back of a photo of the change of ownership form?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭creedp

I got through to office and advised it won't be possible for me to get a replacement disc until the change of ownership form is processed on the system. However its not necessary to have received the physical certificate. Just give them a call with reg number and they will tell you if OK to call in with completed RF 134 form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Are you sure it’s actually taxed? Could the owner show you the receipt from when he last taxed it?

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

I rang the tax office and they confirmed taxed to Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Grand, thought he might be pulling a fast one on ya! Good luck with the new motor!

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement