Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vertical radiator - diverter

Options
  • 29-02-2024 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I have a vertical radiator which can make significant noise while in use.

I thought it was a gurgling noise so I kept thinking it just needed venting but there was never any air to come out.

There is a sticker at the bottom of the rad saying "diverter" and pointing to the right.

The water flow enters rad from the right.

I am wondering does the sticker imply that the flow should be going from left to right.

If so, is that what is causing the rattle noise, and I need to remove rad and flip it back to front?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

Flow IMO should be from left to right, shut off one valve and let the rad cool down or check it after the CH has been off say overnight, the first column should get hot first, the hot water then moves along the top and the remaining columns should start warming from top to bottom uniformly, if the right hand 3 or 4 columns start heating up first then incorrectly installed.

Advertisement