Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attending a course for work

Options
  • 29-02-2024 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My employer asked if I’d like to do a course to qualify for a licence in estate agency. He mentioned that he would soon like to think about taking it easier in the company & it would benefit us both if I got a licence. It’s a 2 year course, on Saturdays, some classes online & some in college. Travel time to the college is approx two and a half hours each way. I currently work Monday to Friday. Am I entitled to be paid for the Saturday or given a day off in lieu? Obviously the course is of benefit to my career so I’m not sure where I stand. Also by doing the course & my employer paying the fees, am I tied to staying in my job or would I have to repay the fees if I was to leave my job? Advice on this would be much appreciated. I have looked up the workplace relations committee website but it’s not very specific.

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement