Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Dave Myers

Options
  • 29-02-2024 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭

I just heard that Dave Myers, one half of The Hairy Bikers, has sadly passed away at age 66. Sadly it sounds like he lost his battle with cancer. Very sad news. He and Sy were a great team. Gone way too soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

RIP. Such a nice man.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,019 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I just heard the very sad news that Dave has passed away. I loved watching The Hairy Bikers. He and Sy were 2 genuinely nice men. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

I hadn’t realised he was fighting cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Ahh poor Dave. RIP.

So sad to hear that.

What a lovely gentle person. I loved the way they talked and laughed. Never mind the cooking!

Watched their Christmas get together programne with my oh ( think it might be a couple of years old maybe) and everybody was cooking for Dave coming out of hospital after treatment.. We were in bits, so emotional, but lovely at the same time.

Poor Si, and his family.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭csirl

Really enjoy their programmes and have tried some of their recipes. RIP Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,067 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Very sad to see this :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭beertons

There never be another hairy bikes duo.

Boooo.

He was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Sad loss. Seemed like a very nice man, and Si says a lot lot of very nice things about him.

Its obviously the end of the Hairy Bikers now. I'd have a lot of sympathy for Si as well, as he's lost a friend of many years. There was a great chemistry between them, very easy viewing.

RIP Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

I'm so sorry to hear this. Often watched their antics on their shows. I'll miss the duo, but really hope that Si's career continues successfully. Hard for him to lose his pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭janmaree

I've been watching them for years, really enjoyed their banter although it was easy to miss some of the jokes, Dave was especially softly spoken but so witty. I'm a fan of Saturday Kitchen and remember them on together doing the "omelette challenge", many years ago. Dave couldn't figure out the problem with his bowl of eggs, the time pressure was huge and then he realised that Si had substituted hard boiled eggs…..just for the craic! Still makes me laugh to this day. Rest in Peace Dave, I hope you know how well you were loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Same here. Have a couple of their books too. I remember that episode it was hilarious. On one of their own programmes, might have been in Vietnam, they were cooking by a river. SI fell over the wall. Dave nearly fell over laughing at him. Turned out poor Si broke his leg in the fall!

Their obvious friendship was a key to their success imo - it came across on the screen so well.

Advertisement