Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental income

Options
  • 28-02-2024 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello.

I have a salary from a normal job in Ireland. I also have rental income from property in Ireland.

My question is: is it possible to put all of the rental income into some kind of trust or pension in order to reduce or eliminate the tax liability on this rental income?

I dont use the rental income for everyday expenses.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

You can put contributions into a pension to reduce tax, subject to the normal rules.

But it would be contributions from your employment income that you put into the pension.

Of course, it would have the overall effect of reducing your income tax liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭DFB-D

You could also transfer the property into the pension.... Worth speaking to a professional....

Advertisement