Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Power Supply

Options
  • 27-02-2024 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi I have a dodgy adapter for a 12 year old light up Disney castle that's knackered.

The adapter is discontinued now, I'm wondering about an alternative one. I tried looking up similar ones but I'm afraid I'll blow up the castle!

Anyone any ideas for replacement or even if the original is repairable

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

This will work

Universal Power Adapter, Etopgo AC Adapters DC Power Supply Multi Voltage 3V 4.5V 5V 6V 7.5V 9V 12V 1A With 8 Tips For Electronic Devices LED Strip Lights CCTV Camera TV-Box Speakers Router Tablet https://amzn.eu/d/9dZ5ZcK

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭billgibney

Thanks for the quick reply.

Should I not be worried that it says 1.2 A max and mine takes 300ma?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭10-10-20

It's the voltage that's important with these, not the current (as long as it's not less).

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭billgibney

Thanks againfor your help, I'll order that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭tphase

Looks like you are using 7.5V ? Used to be a common enough supply voltage for small ethernet switches, bound to be a few languishing in WEEE bins and people's junk boxes and probably better quality than the universal type.

If the connector is the wrong size, it's easy enough to splice in the existing connector, just have to be careful to get the polarity right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement