Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage broker recommendation Waterford City

Options
  • 27-02-2024 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just looking for some guidance and recommendations on mortgage brokers in Waterford City.

Good experiences or bad experiences, all info is welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

I've dealt with Anita Cambie a few times in the past and found her to be very good.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

George Walsh is excellent, have dealt with George loads over last 20 odd years as have family members and friends, all have had a very positive experience with him.

https://vikingmortgages.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TP4725

I went through a mortgage application and drawdown with Anita Cambie Financial and I would highly recommend them. Very good to deal with, helpful and communication was good throughout what was a lengthy process

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Would highly recommend Conor in Top Mortgages. Great communication, efficient, and in general really good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

We found Ezfees out in Tramore good (if you can get over the awful name). Their online portal was great and easy to use, just upload all your documents there instead of faffing around trying to find the right emails to reply to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I heard the complete opposite. Had 2 friends and one family member go to him and he was desperate for getting back to people, giving updates and he goes awol when people ring him too many times. Apparently he's only interested in the big money houses so if you aren't buying anything 400k upwards he's useless.

OP, another +1 for Anita Cambie very easy to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Not Waterford based, but I used Irish Mortgage Corporation and found them great. They were the broker that dealt with the most lenders as far as I could see, so you have more chance of getting a good rate.

https://www.irishmortgage.com/

They have an online portal where you can upload your documents at any stage and an online chat function which I found pretty hand for getting quick responses to queries.

On the negative side, you're not going to get a very personalised service, it's all very efficient and impersonal but they got the job done and I had no complaints with them.

Advertisement